Patrick has more than 25 years of experience in the design and construction of Pharma-Bio facilities requiring CGMP compliance. He has extensive experience in implementing design-build projects and has successfully delivered numerous regulatory compliant projects relating to oral solid dosage, sterile production, research and development, pilot plants, laboratories, biotech, food and beverage, clean rooms, and central plant renovations.
While at IPS, Patrick has been elevated through increasing roles of responsibility, including management of the mechanical group and oversight of all of engineering/architecture. Patrick continues to successfully oversee numerous fast-track, design-build projects for high-profile clients.
Patrick has been overall responsible for leading IPS' utility efforts and has completed numerous studies on chilled water, condenser water, hot water, and steam systems. To meet customer expectations for higher value and lower engineering costs, Pat has created a new deliverable for utility systems work called, "Conceptioneering" which looks at utility systems at a high level while addressing concerns about costs, capability, operation, and troubleshooting.
Most recently, Patrick has taken responsibility for starting our west coast operations after successfully starting IPS’ business in China.
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- Bucklen, Patrick. “The Collision of Science and Manufacturing Efficiency.” INTERPHEXSymposium, March 2019, Irvine, CA
- Bucklen, Patrick. “iCON Turnkey Modular Facilities.” ISPE Greater Los Angeles Chapter: Aseptic Processing Regulations & Technology Update Half Day Meeting, 11 September 2018, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Bucklen, Patrick. “Modular Bioprocessing Facilities.” SoCal Bio, 9 August 2018, Irvine, CA.
- Bucklen, Patrick. “Lab-Office Trends.” ISPE San Francisco Chapter, August 2017, San Francisco, CA.
- Bucklen, Patrick. “Cost Benchmarking.” IPS SoCal Lecture Series, 28 July 2016, Irvine, CA.
- Bucklen, Patrick. “Critical Utilities” Barnett International Show, 2003, Philadelphia, PA.
- Bucklen, Patrick. “Project Management.” New Jersey Institute of Technology, Masters Courses, 2003-2004, Newark, NJ.
- Bucklen, Patrick. “Laboratory Design.” Center for Business Intelligence, 2005, Philadelphia, PA.