IPS assessed the capability of current building to be fit-out for the manufacture of monoclonal antibody products utilizing single-use technology platforms for upstream and downstream operations.
IPS completed an assessment to convert existing, unoccupied 2nd floor space into disposable manufacturing operations for contract manufacturing of mAb protein drug substance.
IPS reviewed the implementation of various single-use technology and defined three potential options that would provide clear, unidirectional process flows and defined segregation; provide viewing windows into the major manufacturing areas; and focus on the efficient utilization of utility and existing building systems.
- Provided an analysis of a next-gen manufacturing option to provide the maximum flexible use of floor space
- Provided flexibility in the design to implement a variety of single-use technology platforms
- Identified alternatives for expansion capabilities
- Provided flexibility and adaptability to achieve the client's’s goal of increasing contract manufacturing operations
- Maximized schedule execution to allow a rapid-entry option
- Evaluated each utility system’s current capacity and the ability to meet the new demands due to expanded manufacturing capability
- Evaluated then recommended manufacturing-based waste handling due to significant increase in single-use waste materials
Region: AmericasCountry: United States
Services: Engineering, Strategic & Facility Master PlanningIndustry: Therapeutic ProteinsFacility Type: Manufacturing
Size: 25,000sf upfit